To sponsor this event call our events team on:
Ramada Hotel and Suites Coventry City Centre The Butts Earlsdon Coventry None CV1 3GG
Join our exciting event for an introduction to the topic and an update on how Free Trade Agreements could become more important to UK trade post-Brexit.
As the UK exits the European Union Free Trade Agreements (FTA's) are going to become increasingly important to our trade with the world. One of the promised advantages of the Brexit is that the UK will be able to take control of its trade policy & negotiate deals with new markets beyond Europe.
This event will look at the practical reality of trade agreements for importers & exporters - We will compare a number of existing FTA's and look at both their benefits and limitations. We will also consider how moving from the current Customs Union arrangement to a free trade agreement with the EU would affect businesses that currently trade with Europe.
Presentations will include:
- An introduction to FTA's
- What benefits do they offer? How do they compare to WTO rules or the current Single Market arrangement
- The Brexit Factor - FTA's and our trade with Europe
- Current FTA's through the EU
- Preferential Origin (Likely to be a key issue as we depart the EU Customs Union)
- How to use an FTA when importing and exporting
- Approved Exporter Status
- Compliance - Risks and Issues
Who should come along?.
- Any business involved in import/export
- Businesses that trade with the EU & want to understand the implications of moving from the current Customs Union Arrangement to an FTA.
- Businesses that want to understand existing FTA's available and how to use them when importing or exporting
- Any company that wants to understand the importance of Origin Rules & whether their goods would qualify for FTA's.
Full cancellation charges will apply if cancelled within 14 days of the event